Astore One-Step Pvc-U Cement is suitable for use on PVC Pressure systems, may also be used on PVC and ABS.
The solvent cement operates by chemically softening the outside of the pipe and the inside of the fitting. Joint integrity is greatly reduced if these surfaces are not absolutely clean and properly prepared.
• Cut pipe square, remove all burrs, dirt, grease and moisture. Clean surfaces with plastic pipe cleaner below.
• IMPORTANT: Check dry fit. A tight interference fit is essential if quick pressurisation is required.
• Working quickly, apply a full, even coat of cement to pipe, then a thin, even coat to inside of fitting.
• Avoid excessive use of cement resulting in puddling.
• While cement is wet, immediately push pipe and fitting together.
• Hold joint for at least 30 seconds to avoid pushout.
• Allow a few minutes before applying pressure.
• For temperatures below 5°C. allow a longer cure time.
The drying times will vary with fit, amount of solvent cement applied, ambient temperature and working pressure. It is recommended that, wherever possible, joints of sizes up to 225mm are allowed to dry for at least 24 hours and sizes 250mm and 315mm for at least 48 hours. These guidelines are based on an ambient temperature of between 10°C to 40°C. Longer drying times will be required at lower and higher ambient temperatures.
Replace lid after use, store between 5°C and 20°C.